SM Technology European Regulation Privacy GDPR
Last updated: 23 May 2018.
Data controllers of personal data
SM Technology srls
Which customer personal data are collected by SM Technology SRLS?
We collect your personal data to provide and constantly improve our products and services.
Below are the categories of data we collect:
- Data that you provide to us directly: we receive and store any data you provide to us in relation to SM Technology Services Click here to view some examples of data we collect. You may choose not to provide certain data, but in this case you may not be able to use many of our SM Technology Services
- Data that is collected automatically: when you use the SM Technology Services, we automatically receive and store certain categories of data, such as information about your use of them, including your interaction with the contents and services available through the SM Technology Services. many other websites, we use "cookies" and other unique identification tools and we obtain certain types of data when your browser or device accesses SM Technology Services and other content provided by, or on behalf of, SM Technology Europe on other websites. Click here to view some examples of data we collect.
- Data received from other sources: we may receive information about you from other sources. Click here to view some examples of information we receive from other sources.
For what purposes does SM Technology SRLS process your personal data?
We process your personal data to perform, provide and improve the SM Technology Services we offer to our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to receive and manage orders, provide products and services, process payments and communicate with you regarding your orders, products, services and promotional offers.
- Provide and improve SM Technology Services and solve any related problems. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, correct errors and improve the use and efficiency of SM Technology Services
- Suggestions and personalization. We use your personal information to suggest features, products and services that may interest you, to identify your preferences and personalize your experience with SM Technology Services
- Comply with legal obligations. In some cases we have a legal obligation to collect and process your personal data. For example, we collect information from third-party vendors about their location and their bank account for identification purposes and for other purposes.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal data to communicate with you on SM Technology Services through different channels (for example, via telephone, e-mail and chat).
- Advertising. We use your personal information to show you advertising based on your interests in relation to features, products and services that may be of interest to you. For more information, please refer to our Advertising Policy set up based on interest .
- Prevention of fraud and credit risks. We also process personal data to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, SM Technology Europe and others. We could also use credit ratings to assess and manage credit risks.
- Purposes for which we request your consent. We may also ask for your consent to process your personal data for specific purposes that we will notify you. When you consent to the processing of your personal data by us for a specific purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and, in this case, we will cease to process your data for this purpose.
Does SM Technology communicate your personal data to third parties?
- Transactions involving third parties: we provide you with services, products, applications or skills provided by third parties for the use of, or through, the SM Technology Services For example, you can order products from third party vendors through our websites, download Third party applications from our Appstore and enable third party skills through our Alexa services. In addition, we provide services or sell products in collaboration with third-party companies, such as credit cards in co-branding . You will be able to recognize when a third party is involved in our transactions and it is in relation to these transactions that we share customer information with that third party.
- Protection of SM Technology Europe and other subjects: we communicate data relating to the account and other personal data when we believe that such communication is compliant with legal obligations; to enforce or apply our General Conditions of Use and Sale and other agreements; or to protect the rights, assets and security of SM Technology Europe, our users or others. The above includes the exchange of information with other companies and organizations that prevent fraud or reduce credit risk.
In cases other than those listed above you will be informed whenever your personal data are shared with third parties and you will have the opportunity to choose whether or not to allow such communication to third parties.
How is the security of your personal data guaranteed?
We design our systems and our devices taking due consideration of your security and your privacy.
- We are committed to protecting the security of your data during their trans mission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you provide.
- We comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) security standards when we process credit card information.
- We adopt physical, electronic and organizational security measures in relation to the collection, storage and communication of our customers' personal data. Our security procedures imply that you may occasionally be asked to provide proof of your identity before disclosing personal information.
- Our devices offer security features to protect them from unauthorized access and data loss. You can control these features and configure them according to your needs. Click here for more information on how to configure the security settings of your device.
- It is important that you take appropriate steps to prevent unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices and applications. Always make sure you are disconnected when you finish using a computer shared with other users. For more information on how to disconnect click here .
Third party advertisers and links to other websites
SM Technology Services may include third party advertisements and links to other websites and applications. Third party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, their advertising and their services. For more information on third-party advertising messages on SM Technology Europe, including interest-based advertising, please review our Advertising Policy based on interest. To review your preferences in relation to advertising, please visit the SM Technology Custom Advertising Preferences page
Which personal data can you access?
You can access your data including your name, address, payment options, information about your profile, your subscription to Prime, your settings and purchase history from the site section called "My "account. Click here for a list of examples of data that you can access. Click here for information on how to access your personal data.
What options do you have available?
If you have any questions or objections about the ways in which we collect and process your personal data, please contact our Customer Service . Many of our SM Technology Services also include settings that allow you to choose how your data can be used.
- As noted above, you may choose not to provide certain data, but in this case you may not be able to use many of the SM Technology Services
- You can add or update some data such as those shown in the "What data can I access?" Section. When updating data, we generally keep a copy of the previous version for our archives.
- If you do not want to receive e-mails or other communications from us, you can review your communication preferences . If you do not want to receive notifications from our application, please review your notification settings on the application or your device.
- If you do not want to display the advertising defined by interest, we encourage you to review your SM Technology custom advertising preferences
- If you wish to browse anonymously on our websites, you can do so by logging out of your account and disabling cookies on your browser.
- When you allow us to process your personal data for a specific purpose, you can withdraw your consent at any time. In this case, we will cease any further processing of your data for that specific purpose.
- You can also disable other specific types of treatment by updating the settings on the relevant SM Technology website (for example, by accessing the "my account" section), on the device or on the application. For more information, click here . Most devices other than SM Technology also offer users the ability to change device permissions (for example, disable / enable location services or contacts). On most devices, these commands are found in the device settings menu. If you have any questions about how to change the device permissions on devices manufactured by third parties, we recommend that you contact your mobile operator or device manufacturer, as different devices may have different authorization settings.
Furthermore, according to the applicable legislation, you have the right to request access, rectify and delete your personal data and exercise the right to data portability. You may also object to the processing of personal data by us or request, in certain cases, the limitation of the processing of your personal data. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact the SM Technology Customer Service
Can minors use the SM Technology Services?
SM Technology Europe does not sell products to minors. We sell products for children that can only be bought by adults. If you are under the age of 18, you can only use the SM Technology Services by involving a parent or guardian.
How long do we keep your personal information?
Contacts, Information and Revisions
If you have questions about how SM Technology Europe uses and processes your personal information or would like to contact one of our data controllers, please contact us by sending us a brief description of the matter you wish to submit to us and we will do our best to help you. In addition, the Data Protection Officer for the aforementioned Data Controllers can be contacted at the privacy address @ SMtechnologyit . You can file a report with our lead supervisory authority, the Commission for Protection of Données in Luxembourg or with the supervisory authority of the place where you reside.
Other procedures and related information
Examples of data we collect
Data you provide to us when you use the SM Technology Services
Provide us with your details when:
- look for products or services;
- place an order through the SM Technology Services;
- download, stream, view or use content on a device or through a service or application; download or use an application on a device;
- provide data in the My Account section (and you may have multiple accounts if you have used more than one email address or more than one phone number when you made a purchase) or in the My Profile section;
- you speak or interact in another way with our voice service Alexa;
- add your contacts;
- configure your settings, provide permissions to access data or interact with your device or another SM Technology Service;
- offer your products or services on or through the SM Technology Services;
- communicate with us by telephone, e-mail or otherwise;
- fill out a questionnaire, a request for help or a form of participation in a prize event;
- participate in the community features; publish and evaluate customer reviews ;
- Indicate a notice for special occasions; or
- use other personal notification services such as availability notifications for delivery.
By acting as above you may provide us with the following information: your name; your address and your phone number; the information related to the payment; your age; information about your position; the names of the recipients of the orders or the names listed in the settings (with addresses and telephone numbers); the e-mail addresses of your friends and other people; the content of reviews and e-mails sent to us; the personal description and photography contained in the My profile section; voice recordings when you talk to Alexa; images and videos stored in connection with SM Technology Services; information and documents related to identity and status; corporate and financial information; information related to your creditworthiness; the VAT number; and the log files and device configurations, including Wi-Fi credentials, if you choose to synchronize them automatically with other SM Technology devices you own.
Data that we collect automatically
We collect and analyze data such as:
- the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or other devices to the Internet;
- login, e-mail address and password;
- information on the computer, device and connection, such as device applications or browser type and version, types and versions of "browser plug-ins", operating system, or time zone set;
- the location of your device or your computer;
- information about your interaction with content, such as content download, streaming, and playback details, including duration and number of simultaneous streaming and downloads, and network details for streaming and download quality, including information on the Internet service provider;
- the metrics of the devices, for example when a device is in use, the use of applications, the connectivity data and any errors or negative outcomes;
- the metrics of the SM Technology Service (for example, the occurrence of technical errors, your interactions with the features and content of the service, the settings preferences and backup information, the location of the device running an application, the information on images and uploaded files (for example, file name, dates, times and folder where images are saved);
- the history of acquisitions and use of content, data that we sometimes combine with similar information collected by other customers for the purpose of creating functions such as "Best Sellers";
- the complete URL (Uniform Resource Locators) path (including date and time); the number of cookies; the products and / or content you viewed or searched for; page loading times, download errors and interaction information with pages (such as scrolls, clicks and cursor movements on pages);
- the telephone numbers used to call the number of our customer service.
We may also use device identifiers, cookies and other technologies on devices, applications and on our web pages to collect information on navigation, use or other technical information for fraud prevention purposes.
Data we collect from other sources
We can receive from other sources data such as:
- the updated information on delivery and address by our couriers or other third parties, which we use to update our records and to deliver the next orders or make future communications in an easier way;
- account information, information about acquired or redemption of codes, pages visited or other information related to your interactions with companies with which we manage certain offers in co-branding or to which we provide technical, logistics, payment, advertising or other services;
- information relating to your interactions with products and services offered by our subsidiaries;
- search results and links, including paid ads;
- information on devices connected to the Internet and the services you have connected to Alexa; is
- data on creditworthiness from the central risks that we use to prevent and detect fraud and offer credit or financial services to some customers.
Data you can access
Through the SM Technology Services you can access certain data such as:
- the status of recent orders (including service registrations);
- the complete order history;
- personal identification information (including name, e-mail, password, communication preferences and custom advertising preferences, address book and 1-Click settings);
- payment settings (which include credit card information and promotional codes, gift certificates and account balance);
- e-mail notification settings (which include product availability alerts, deliveries, special occasion alerts and newsletters);
- recently viewed suggestions and products that are the basis for suggestions (including Suggested for you and Improve suggestions for you);
- · Shopping lists and gift lists (including the Wish List as well as the wedding lists and birth lists);
- your content, devices, services and settings;
- the content you've viewed recently;
- the voice recordings associated with your account;
- your profile (including your product reviews, suggestions, alerts and personal profile); is