GAP multiband vertical antenna vhf DX 50mhz CHALLENGER hf
8 Band Multiband DX Antenna
The Challenger is designed to be installed directly on the ground or roof. As is the case with other antennas GAP because it's not necessary to resort to spinning Earth to get the 50 Ω!
The Assembly has no specific advantage because of its elevated position, but only if it is not possible to a space in the garden.
The CHALLENGER 2/6/10 bands/covers 12/15/20/40 and 80 m. About 80 m has a bandwidth of 130 khz.!
Requires a counterweight of 3 strands 7.5 m. They can be laid on the ground so spread out. The accommodation of symmetry is not a problem. The addition of other wire does not change substantially the features.
As already described with the TITAN the center frequency on 80 m and ' set ' through a condenser of fixed capacity. Please specify when ordering the desired center frequency. The standard rate is 3.65 MHz, but other frequencies are available on request.
- 80 m 40 20 m 15 m 10 m 6 m 12m 2 m
- Bandwidth --Under 2:1
- Entire band on 40 20 m 15 m than 12 m 10 m 6 m 2 m
- 80 m over 130 KHz; 10 m over 1 MHz
- Height --31.5 ft.
- Weight --18 lbs.
- Radiation Efficiency : Exceed conventional verticals by up to 600%
- Mount : Ground or elevated. A ground mount is supplied.
- Counterpoise : 3 at 25 ft.
- Ground Area Required : Fits in 10 ft. by 12 ft. area.