Acom 1000 Linear Amplifier for HF
WAITING TIMES ONLY ON ORDER 30 DAYS
The ACOM 1000 Linear Amplifier for HF is one of the best amps in the world for amateur radio as a price / performance ratio. The ACOM 1000 gives you the possibility of easily having 1000 watts of output on all amateur bands from 160 to 6 meters.
Ease of agreement. The load value indicator of the "True Resistance Indicator" (TRI) plate circuit is an ACOM innovation that allows a fast and precise agreement, typically in 5 ... 10 seconds. The auto-reset function returns the amplifier to the "OPERATE" operating mode automatically, after the intervention of any of the protections, saving the operator time, thus avoiding manual recovery operations.
No external antenna tuner is required at least as long as the antenna has a VSWR equal to or less than 3: 1. The amplifier performs the functions of an antenna tuner, allowing you to quickly change the antenna and use a wide spectrum of frequencies.
This amplifier is both user-friendly and self-monitoring features. It has been designed to withstand up to 500W of reflected power without damage, up to 100 milliseconds of overdriving spikes - RF "tails" after the PTT or button release - and also operator agreement errors. It is capable of operating with more than half its nominal output power with just 75% of the nominal network value. As it can tolerate "holes" in voltage (up to zero for 10 milliseconds) and 15% of mains overvoltage, it is particularly suitable for use in a laptop powered by generators, so especially for field days and DXpeditions.
A backlit dot matrix liquid crystal display (LCD) allows the display of text messages, of 12 parameters, and of having a peak meter for PEP power measurement. There are also LED indicators to indicate the conditions of "OPERATE", attenuator-on, and ON / OFF.
The information on the internal states of the amplifier, for the last 7 most recent interventions of the protections are stored in a nonvolatile memory. This information is then used for fault diagnostics.
Silent QSK. The input bypass and the vacuum relay are very quiet, even in CW mode, thanks to the special mounting technique.
The broadband input agree circuit has an excellent load characteristic for the transceiver that drives it, from 1.8MHz to 54MHz.
A single Svetlana 4CX800A (GU74B) valve, a high-performance ceramic-metal tetrode with a 600W plate dissipation (forced air cooling, driven on a grid), is used to achieve maximum efficiency. Continuous monitoring and protections are carried out for the plaque and grigly currents, as well as the temperature of the outgoing air.
- Frequency coverage: All amateur bands in the 1.8-54.7 MHz range, extensions or variations on request.
- Output power: 1000 W PEP or with continuous carrier, no operating mode limit.
- Intermodulation products: better than -35dB compared to the nominal output level.
- Buzzing at the mains frequency and noise: better than -40dB compared to the nominal output level.
- Output harmonics suppression:
- 1.8-29.7MHz - better than 50dB compared to the nominal output level;
- 50-54MHz - better than 66dB compared to the nominal output level.
- Input and output impedance:
- rated value: 50 Ω unbalanced, UHF type connector (SO239)
- input circuit: broadband, VSWR less than 1.3: 1, over the entire 1.8-54MHz range (requires no tuning or switching)
- bypass path with VSWR lower than 1.1: 1, over the entire 1.8-54MHz range
- ability to agree output impedance (antenna): with VSWR up to 3: 1 or more with reduced power levels.
- RF gain: 12.5 dB typical, frequency response with variation less than 1dB (from 50 to 60 W driving power for nominal output power).
- Power supply requirements: 170-264 V ac (200, 210, 220, 230 & 240 Vnominali, sockets for 100.110 & 120V on request), + 10% -15% tol.), 50-60 Hz, single-phase, 2000 VA .
- Conforms to EC safety and electromagnetic compatibility requirements as well as to FCC regulations (6, 10 & 12 m bands blocked).
- Dimensions and weight: WxDxH: 422x355x182mm, 18kg.
- Operating environmental conditions:
- operating temperature: 0 ... + 50 degrees Celsius;
- humidity: up to 75% @ +35 degrees Celsius.
- altitude: up to 3000m above sea level without derating or reducing output power.